Deadline to Enter NEASTA Fiddle Tunes Contest TODAY, March 31st, and we hope to see your tunes in our mailbox soon. Let me know if you have any questions.
The 2016 Contest Rules and Guidelines:
1. Each submission should be an original composition which must be unpublished and composed after March 31, 2015.
2. Composers may submit more than one tune, but only one prize will be awarded to any one composer.
3. Four copies of the music must be submitted via computer generated sheet music, or hand-written sheet music.
4. The composer should include their name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the title of the piece.
5. The entry fee of $20.00 per tune should be sent in at the time of submission. Checks should be payable to Nebraska ASTA.
6. If you wish to receive written evaluation of your tune by the judges, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your entry.
7. Nebraska ASTA assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to works submitted.
8. Entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2016.
9. Send your entry to Deborah Greenblatt, The Old Schoolhouse, PO Box 671, Avoca, Nebraska,68307-0671. The composer is responsible for keeping a copy of their work, as well as for copyrighting their tune.
10. The composer understands that if their tune is one of the winners, Nebraska ASTA has permission to have the piece performed on May 28, 2016, in Beatrice, Nebraska, as well as permission to reprint the tune in Stringing Along, the newsletter of Nebraska ASTA.
Greenblatt & Seay Publications, in Avoca, Nebraska is a proud Sponsor of the Nebraska ASTA Fiddle Tune Composition Contest
For more information about the Nebraska American String Teachers Association, log on to the web site at http://www.neasta.net.