Photo: Michael Layer | Tim Bovenzi has alerted us to his new “American Idol / The Voice” styled singing contest being held on Thursday evenings at the Wild Goose Saloon, 1160 South Pikes Peak Drive, Parker, CO 80138. There is a registration fee of $35 per contestant plus a service fee of .88 = $35.88. The next contest is TONIGHT, Thursday, February 2nd from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. You can apply to perform by filling out the application on the website at http://www.celebritysidekick.tv (NOT .com) There are age limits so be sure to inquire about them before signing up or paying the fee.
Preliminary Event Dates:
● Done! Jan 26th (week one). 10 are advancing to semifinals.
● Tonight: Feb 2nd (week two). Only 20 singers will perform; they will need to have 2 songs ready. Only 10 will advance to semifinals.
● Next week: Feb 9th (week three). Only 20 singers will perform; they will need to have 2 songs ready. Only 10 will advance to semifinals.
Semifinals Event Dates:
● March 2nd (week four). Only 15 singers will perform; they need to have 2 songs ready. 1 Song must be a theme chosen by Judges. Only 5 singers will advance to the finals.
● March 9th (week five). Only 15 singers will perform and have 2 songs ready. 1 Song must be a theme chosen by Judges. Only 5 singers will advance to the finals.
● March 19th, Sunday. This is an opportunity for any singer, family of singers, and singer supporters to have fun singing some open karaoke. A reuniting of past contestants, their friends and families and who may have advanced or already been eliminated. Family Night is meant to be a relaxed environment of music entertainment, meet with judges and other professionals to gain more insight into our music industry.
The Season 1 Finale: March 30th or April 6th (date TBD) Week 6. Only the last remaining 10 singers will compete!
Go to their website for more info: http://www.celebritysidekick.tv
# # # # #
Our contest is designed with the contestant’s benefit in mind. Our goal is to encourage new singers to explore every available opportunity in what we all know and listen to daily: music! What sets this contest apart from all those everyone may have heard of before is to have local AND national musicians as our celebrity judges. These judges are musicians who have already made a career out of their passion for the music and entertainment industry. Our judges have studied music from all walks of life and schools, and they are all both successful and highly recognized by the Denver community and beyond each in their own right. They have all earned their way through the school of “Hard Knocks”. Each Celebrity Sidekick judge has been carefully and precisely selected to represent our local music community.
Celebrity Sidekick will run over the course of seven weeks, consisting of three preliminaries, the semi-finals, and ending with one winner at the finals! All past, present, and future contestants are invited to join us for our family event giving all fans, family, and friends a chance to meet their favorite contestants.
Each contestant as they advance through Season 1 will compete no more than three times. A contestant who advances past the Preliminaries will compete in the semi-finals, and those who pass the semi-finals will compete for first place in the finals!
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at the Finals!
Photo: Singer/songwriter/musician/judge Michael Layer