Athena Project is a professional group of artists dedicated to supporting and expanding women’s artistic contributions to Denver and the wider community. Each year, Athena Project celebrates the creative arts with a World Premiere, and four workshop productions of plays by female playwrights, eleven showcases of female musicians, 4 dance performances featuring female choreographers, an art show highlighting female visual artists, debut works written by young girls in 6th – 9th grades and a fashion show featuring female designers. The festival will take place at various venues in the Aurora Cultural Arts District and spans two weeks. The theme of the festival is Utopia/Dystopia, inspired by the world premiere theatrical production.
Athena Project is seeking local female musicians to showcase during our 2014 annual arts festival.
• Lead singer/instrumentalist must be female OR most songs performed by a band must be written by a female composer.
• Artists must reside in Colorado. (Transportation costs your own.)
• Artists must provide all equipment needed to perform (outside of power).
• All genres of music will be considered.
• Artists will be allowed to sell merchandise at the venue at 100% profit.
• There is no submission fee.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief statement addressing:
• how your musical genre might reflect the festival’s theme: Utopia/Dystopia.
• possible selection titles you would include in a 45 minute set.
• a brief biography of you and your group (300-500 words).
Please send up to three songs, in MP3 format, attached to your email OR direct us to your website to listen to songs. Submissions must be received by Friday, February 14, 2014. Artist notification of selection by March 1, 2014.
All showcases will be held indoors at various times and days during the two weeks of the Festival (mostly afternoons and evenings). These are volunteer engagements.